Covid-19 Hotel Information
Covid-19 Hotel Information
COVID-19 Hotel temporary closure
To ensure the safety of our colleagues, guests and customers, in the interest of public health and in adherence to latest government guidelines regarding social distancing around Coronavirus COVID-19, Hotel Killarney is currently closed and will reopen July 20th.
We are currently contacting all guests to reschedule bookings so please bear with us at this time.
Please email any enquiries you may have during the closure and we will endeavour to respond as soon as possible.
We have considered the significant impact this decision will have, especially on our committed team, but believe your health and the health of our team is most important at this time. Thank you for your patience and continued support.
At the Hotel Killarney, we are closely monitoring all information provided by the Government or Ireland, the Health Service Executive and World Health Organisation in relation to the COVID-19 virus.
On Thursday March 12th 2020, following the recommendation by the National Public Health Emergency Team in Ireland, the Government of Ireland issued an updated statement on measures that should be taken to tackle Covid-19.
The updated measures include (but are not limited to) the following:
· individuals who have symptoms should self-isolate for a period of 14 days.
· individuals should reduce discretionary social contacts as much as possible.
· elderly or medically vulnerable people should reduce as much as possible contacts outside home.
· there should be no mass gatherings:
a) involving more than 100 people if located indoors
b) involving more than 500 people if located outdoors
· closure of museums, galleries and tourism sites
· closure to students of schools, crèches, other childcare facilities and higher education institutions.
· As a general rule, outside of work people should seek to reduce social interactions as much as possible.
· Restaurants, cafes and other businesses can stay open but should look at ways that they can implement the public health advice on social distancing.
For up to date information on this and other Government recommendations concerning Covid-19 in Ireland please visit the official Government of Ireland website at www.gov.ie
As is our responsibility, the management and staff at the Hotel Killarney have now fully adopted these recommendations in to the operating systems and procedures in each department throughout the hotel.
In addition, to protect our customers, employees and suppliers while visiting our hotel bars and restaurants, we have implemented a series of significant measures across all hotel departments in our effort to limit the spread of the virus and enable social distancing while continuing to operate.
Some of the essential procedures that we have put in place which include;
- Prioritising regular and vigorous sanitisation throughout all departments of the hotel. We are asking all our guest at the hotel to please use the hand sanitisers provided when entering the hotel, wash hands regularly and follow the advice given by our team.
- Limit the use of cash where possible. Credit card machines will be sanitised between transactions.
- In our bar, Lobby Lounge and Lannigan’s Restaurant, tables and menus will be sanitised thoroughly after each guest use and our seating plan has been amended to meet the requirements for social distancing.
- All members of staff, in all departments including the kitchen and front of house, have been briefed to adhere to the highest levels of sanitisation when carrying out their duties on a daily basis.
A more detailed outline of the measures concerning the increased levels of sanitization and social distancing that have been implemented throughout the hotel has been published on our website at https://www.hotelkillarney.ie/covid-19/further-details/
We would like to thank all of our employees, customers and suppliers for their continued support and understanding at this time and look forward to welcoming you to the Hotel Killarney, Bar, Lobby Lounge and Lannigan’s Restaurant.